Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Hipstick tights

I've published previously about how much I've grown to like thigh highs, but unfortunately not all of my clothing permits thigh highs - they make for unsightly lines on a pencil skirt! And of course, I feel (like most women) that panty hose suck. They're uncomfortable, they run after about 30 seconds, they're weird colors...the list goes on.

One of my biggest issues with panty hose are the waist bands. They're always TERRIBLE. They dig in, they roll down, and frankly, they just aren't wide enough. Why can't a nice wide legging waist band be placed on top of a pair of panty hose?

Well, through a Facebook ad that I kept seeing, and I finally clicked on...I found a pair of panty hose that I actually really like. And am recommending! They're called Hipstick Tights, and I definitely recommend.

Here I am wearing them on a business trip for the first time. I've got a nice pencil skirt on (Cassie style, by LuLaRoe), and not a line to be seen!
The color works well with my skin tone (I'm pale anyway, which helps), and the material is wonderful. If you clicked onto their website, you'll see that they tout how thin and silky the material is, while still being sturdy. In fact, I appreciated that they provide their customers with instructions on how to put them on carefully to avoid runs, instead of just hoping for the best.
Here's a shot of just the tights; as mentioned above, you can see that they are pretty thin. I find that they smooth out my skin, making it look nice, while still having the look of panty hose.
And what about my main concern: a thin waistband that cuts in? Well, Hipsticks live up to what they promised. The waistband is very wide, comes up nice and high (actually at my waist, not down at my hips!), and doesn't move!
The waist band stays in place partly because it has the same bands inside that you see in thigh highs, to keep them in place.

I was worried that this would make the waist band uncomfortable, but it really didn't. More than that, after wearing them all day I barely had a mark on my waist! I did take a picture of that, but didn't quite feel comfortable enough to post that here.

The size guide on their website was very helpful; I was in between two of their options, and went with the slightly larger one, which I think was the right idea.

I also really appreciated that the owner of the company, Laura, emailed with me personally about my order!

So yes, I definitely recommend these tights. I still only have the one nude pair, but I plan to get black ones for next year.

No comments:

Trail 5K

On a cool, wet Saturday in early May, Natalie and I participated in our first ever Trail 5K race! It was put on by my friend Maya's hor...

Most popular posts