Despite having a few other posts to get through from over the past few weeks, I spent this evening editing some photos from a party we went to on Saturday, so I thought I'd post them up here while they are fresh in my head! The party was for our friends Chris & Kelly's daughter Sydney's 5th birthday (did you follow that?). Last year we attended Sydney's 4th birthday (wow, looking back at those photos makes me realize 1) how much our kids have grown in a year, and 2) how much better my photography has gotten since then), which was one of the first times we'd gotten all of our kids together. We stayed after the party to have dinner with them, and it was so much fun we did the same thing this year - party then pizza!
The theme was "Pinkalicious" - the color was certainly well represented, as you'll see in photos below!

The first thing was reading the story of "Pinkalicious", as not all of the girls knew it.
Then it was time to play "Pin the cherry on the cupcake". Up first was the birthday girl, and this photo cracks me up!
Then time to run around like crazy for a bit (true of any kid birthday party, I think!)

Henry didn't want any icing (he did enjoy putting on some sprinkles)...mostly he just wanted to eat it!
The last game was Bingo, as it's one of Sydney's favorites - Natalie was the first to get Bingo! The kids did keep playing though until all cards were full, as they were enjoying placing their candy markers on the paper.
I love this shot of the birthday girl, just before blowing out her candles!
And, with Evan's help at entertaining the kids behind me, we did get a photo of all of the attendees (minus Henry, who didn't want to be in the picture).
The theme was "Pinkalicious" - the color was certainly well represented, as you'll see in photos below!
While we prepared the basement downstairs and the kids got ready (how adorable is Natalie?!), Evan and Henry relaxed in the living room, having a snack and watching the UVA basketball game.

The first thing was reading the story of "Pinkalicious", as not all of the girls knew it.
Then it was time to play "Pin the cherry on the cupcake". Up first was the birthday girl, and this photo cracks me up!
Then time to run around like crazy for a bit (true of any kid birthday party, I think!)
Then it was time for "Decorate your own cupcake"

Henry didn't want any icing (he did enjoy putting on some sprinkles)...mostly he just wanted to eat it!
The last game was Bingo, as it's one of Sydney's favorites - Natalie was the first to get Bingo! The kids did keep playing though until all cards were full, as they were enjoying placing their candy markers on the paper.
I'm not great at taking photos of food, but I was happy with how these photos of the cake came out (it was a cake shaped like a giant cupcake).
I love this shot of the birthday girl, just before blowing out her candles!
And, with Evan's help at entertaining the kids behind me, we did get a photo of all of the attendees (minus Henry, who didn't want to be in the picture).
A great party...I've got more photos of us hanging out afterwards, but this post is already kind of ridiculously long, so I'll put those in a second post later this week.













1 comment:
Abbe, these are spectacular photos...thank you so much! You are so talented, and I look forward to getting together to practice photography so I can learn from you.
Post a Comment